Have you ever wondered what miracle cures are found in your home for various ailments? The next time you’re at the grocery store, consider picking up a bottle of apple cider vinegar. You may be surprised at how versatile and beneficial this inexpensive vinegar is. Apple cider vinegar contains various vitamins and minerals and has many health benefits.
Since before the dawn of our calendar, Hippocrates, the “father of medicine”, is reported to have used it for his patients. Apple cider vinegar is made from the fermentation of fresh, ripe apples. It contains vitamins such as beta-carotene and pectin, and minerals such as calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and iron. It can be used as part of many recipes, including salad dressings, marinades, meat tenderizers, and pickles. When searching for the best apple cider vinegar, look for natural and organic varieties that are dark and cloudy, as the clear and sparkling types have very little nutritional value. It can be consumed every morning, adding two tablespoons to 8-12 oz. glass of water, with organic honey and lemon juice if its taste is too strong due to its acidity. Apple cider vinegar is loaded with health benefits, with a sample below:
- Reducing cholesterol and regulating blood pressure and blood sugar due to its pectin content. It can help with diabetes.
- It fights bacterial, fungal and yeast infections by adjusting the body’s pH due to its malic and acetic acid content.
- It can relieve joint pain and help with taste by dissolving uric acid crystals, as well as help prevent kidney and bladder stones.
- Helps with hair loss, brittle nails and teeth due to its potassium content.
- Helps with weight loss by breaking down fats.
- Helps with acne, bad breath, and body odor due to its acid content, breaks down odor-causing bacteria, and lowers pH. Gargle with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with water for five to ten minutes.
- Eliminate foot odor by placing your feet in a saucepan of water and 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar for 15 minutes a week.
- It helps with diarrhea as its pectin content coats the lining of the colon. Drink two tablespoons with a large glass of water, three times a day.
- It can help with age spots due to its sulfur content.
- Treats dandruff by destroying fungus on the scalp and restoring its proper pH balance. Try applying a mixture of half water and half apple cider vinegar directly to the scalp, allowing it to dry naturally.
- Provides relief from sunburn. Moisten a cloth with apple cider vinegar and gently apply it to sunburn. You can also put the affected body part in an apple cider vinegar bath.
- Strengthens your immune system due to the beta-carotene it has
- It can help with sinusitis and runny nose due to its potassium content.
- Helps with sore throats. Gargle with one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and eight ounces of warm lemon water.
- You can help with ear infections by applying a diluted apple cider vinegar solution and cleaning the inner ear.
Many people choose to drink a diluted solution of apple cider vinegar and water daily for health benefits. Side effects are almost nil, but can cause tooth enamel breakdown if consumed too frequently in an undiluted state. Simply add water or a pinch of baking soda when consuming to prevent enamel deterioration. From boosting immunity to helping regulate blood sugar, apple cider vinegar is so versatile. A 2004 study by the American Diabetes Society titled “Vinegar improves insulin sensitivity to a carbohydrate-rich meal in subjects with insulin resistance or type 2 diabetes” found that apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid , which can slow the digestion of carbohydrates and therefore lower blood glucose levels. Apple cider vinegar is easy and safe to buy and use, and can be used as a wonderful alternative to help your health. It remains one of the most popular and affordable alternative health remedies on the market today.